Read: The Dental Procedure Changing Teeth and Lives Forever
Let’s face it: We all want perfect teeth. However, not everyone is lucky enough to have them. Especially later in life. If you’ve experienced years of dental deterioration and are suffering from a lack of teeth, jawbone density or just plain old confidence, listen up. Dental implants are the safest, simplest, most cost-effective way to achieve a flawless smile.
Why you need to know about dental implants.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss, a one-stop-shop for a perfect smile. So, what are they? In short, dental implants are small posts made of titanium that are designed to attach to your former tooth’s root. They fuse to your jawbone to create a new smile that’s custom-built to withstand the tests of age, wear and time. They’re perfect if you have missing, crooked or decaying teeth. Dental implants can also really benefit you if you are experiencing bone loss, or if you just want to achieve the perfect smile. (Isn’t that all of us?)
Why dental implants are the clear choice in a competitive market.
There’s no shortage of options out there. Dentures and bridges strive for the same end goal (a perfect smile) as dental implants. So why, then, can we not advocate for them? It’s simple: Dental implants are an exponentially better choice. Here’s what makes them stand out in the crowd of restorative oral health:
- They’re the real deal. Dental implants mimic the look, feel and function of regular teeth. In other words, they’re as close to real teeth as you can get without actually having them. They even function just like regular teeth around 75-95 percent of the time.
- They’re strong. Unlike their counterparts, dental implants can tolerate heavy chewing. With dental implants, you can indulge in food that would be difficult to eat with just dentures alone. Bring on the saltwater taffy and popcorn.
- They’re no mess, no fuss. Other than regular brushing and flossing, there’s no care necessary on your end. With dentures, you’re required to remove your teeth every night for cleaning purposes. Dental implants, on the other hand, require very little upkeep, making your life easier.
- They’re low cost for a high return. While the specific timing and pricing details vary from person to person, the cost of dental implants is typically very affordable, especially considering that it’s an investment that pays for itself over time--you can wear them for years and years to come. The installation is also super simple. After only a few visits to the dentist, you’ll come away with a whole new smile.
- They’re a one-stop-shop. Say goodbye to messy creams and soaking dentures overnight. Dental implants don’t require anything other than normal brushing and flossing.
- They’re more than just a cosmetic fix. As we age, we can experience bone-loss in the jawbone. Over time, this can actually cause your mouth to shrink and make your lips seem smaller and dried up. Dental implants, unlike dentures or bridges, can counteract the effects of aging and actually help create a sturdier-feeling and fuller-looking jawline.
- They’re the number one choice. As of this year, three million Americans have dental implants. And that number is only going to keep growing. Will you be next?